Grand Rapids, Michigan

I am a single mother of three. My middle boy is autistic and had been diagnosed with diabetes.

I had no vehical and the only way to get him to his doctor appointments was to get one. I was up to date on my house payments at that time. I called Flagstar to see if they could help me with a smaller payment somehow so i could put a down payment on a car and still be able to afford the house payment. They said they could help if i was 3 months behind on my payments.

I got a car and got 3 payments behind, when i tried to send them my next payment they sent it back. I called and they said they couldnt accept it because i was to far behind. By the time i got ahold of anybody in loss midigation, they had my house listed in the newspaper for sale. After i got that stopped, i had to send in a bunch of forms and letters and have had to do that for the next 2 years and am still doing it.

I think that they are taking this long so i wont be able to afford the payments and they will get the house anyways. I would like to get some leagal advice on this but i cannot afford to do it.

Comments

Okay, The people who responded to your questions are obvious behind the desk workers for Flagstar bank. Flagstar is very inconsitant with their customers.

Their trained employees have no clue what is going on. You get a different answer every time you call. You should of got a straight forward answer the first time around if they were trained properly. YOU have every right to answer any question you want, its freedom of speech.

We live in America. Girl, keep your head up and ask what you need to.

We live in America. Girl, keep your head up and ask what you need to.

I am sorry for your life situation and your son's diagnosis, but how is the bank to blame? You were not eligible to modify your required monthly payments (what you agreed to pay and signed legal documents as such) and then withheld payments for 3 months in hopes of tricking the system?

I have no sympanthy. Live within your means and stop blaming others.

You decided to have 3 kids you can't afford, what do you want us to do? Take care of your kids for you?

If it means you live in squalor forever, then so be it, but YOU will provide for your children.

You made the decision. Now pay your bills.

YOU signed the contract. If YOU are unable to follow through with YOUR end of the contract; it is up to YOU to assign a legal representative to do so at your own expense.

Nothing else matters. You should have thought about the consequences before signing.

You have to pay for the things you want in life, big surprise right?