White Lake Township, Michigan

I already have our mortgage with Flagstar Bank. I applied to refinance our mortgage since rates have dropped.

They ran me round and round in circles for months. Despite our excellent credit, excellent income, equity in our house, etc. Flagstar Bank simply could not get it right. Another request for documents kept coming and coming despite the fact that we were told they had everything they needed.

This dragged on for months! Soon, I began to look at them as being a bunch of misfits that just didn't care about wasting my time. Many phone calls in addition to around 50 emails were invoved for months. In our fourth month, they asked for even more documents from us.

I reminded them they we already have our mortgage with them but that just didn't seem to matter. So in month #4, I pulled the plug on Flagstar Bank. I withdrew our mortgage refinance application with them and faxed a letter to their V.P. of mortgage lending.

Of course I haven't heard back from him either.

Now I'm ending all of our business with Flagstar Bank and moving on to somebody that cares about their professional reputate. I would never recommend Flagstar to anyone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Flagstar Bank Mortgage.

Comments

Ive been getting the run around as well with a refinance,over a month and a half i was given phone numbers and extention numbers and nothing,finally got thru to someone today and it sounded great untill the end when the lady told me she was trying to close multiple loans and she'd have to call me back Monday.She asked for my email so i could have her info for me to have.....never got that email and probably won't get the phone call,think im just gonna stop paying on the house

I closed my home with a 1650.00 payment in 2009. 2010, I get a letter saying they miscalculated my property taxes and now payment being raised to 1820.00 (almost 200!?) I have been paying it (barely) for nearly 2 years, even though they said it would be lowered in a year.

Called today to see why it still hasn't been lowered. They said will reassess again in December. I asked why I was approved for 1650.00 and now it's at 1820.00. They said that property taxes "fluctuate".

I have all my statements and nothing has fluctuated. She finally admitted when I closed they made a miscalculation and when my negative escrow is paid, my payment will be 1780.00 from now on. What!? I didn't qualify for that payment when I closed.

That is $130.00 a month more than I agreed too. Is this legal? They made the mistake at calculating my property taxes at $990 instead of $2551 (huge discrepancy). Do I have any recourse?

I am having problems making my payment because of the increase and couldn't get through the loan modification because I'm self employed.

Any advice appreciated. Lisa1342@gmail.com