Boston, Virginia

I have tried to modify my mortgage with Flagstar for 1 1/2 years. For the first 7 months the loss mitigation department asked for the same paperwork every month.

Finally after many phone callsand 8 months later they informed me that I had not been assigned to a loss mitigation specialist. The nightmare continues; I was told after 8 months that I had to be at least 2 months behind for someone to even look at my file. I fell behind for 2 months as was suggested, they immediately filed to foreclose on my house. My file was still not assigned to a loss mitigation specialist.

I could not stop the foreclosure date on my own.

If you have had difficulty with Flagstar Bank's Loan Modification process or Loss Mitigation Department in California or any other state please send your contact info and story to northstarguide@yahoo.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Flagstar Bank Mortgage.

Comments

Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States #694113

I have been dealing with flagstar for 9 months on what should have been an easy modification. I was divorced and my x quick claimed the property over to me.

Due to legal fees at the time of divorce I requested a forbearance through my attorney. They refused to respond. I applied for a modification and was repeatedly asked over and over again for the same documents......only to have my modification ....and the following week was sued for foreclosure. I immediately hired a real estate attorney to assist me in the process.

After several attempts at contacting their attorneys went unanswered they are now seeking a summary/default judgement. I have more than sufficient income to repay and they refuse negotiations. I feel lied to....and am now considered not credit worthy to by my own home that I have lived in for 5 years.......and nobody seems to have a satisfactory answer.

This has to stop!!!!!!! Any advice please...

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #670415

IF YOU HAVE ILLEGALY FORECLOSED ON YOUR HOME BY FLAGSTAR BANK PLEASE CONTACT ME WE NEED TO STOP THIS BANK FROM CONTINE TO THIS FRAUD ON OTHERS. THE HAVE ALREADY BEEN SUED FOR PREDITORY LENDING BY THE STATE OF NEW YORK FOR 137 MILLION DOLLORS AND BY THEIR INVESTORS FOR 90 MILLION. AND THEY ARE STILL COMMETTING FRAUD.

I WILL NEED YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER AND THE EMAIL AND THE ADDRESS THAT WAS FORECLOSED ON.

MY INFORMATION IS:

EMAIL: bigdandkelly@yahoo.com

DANA AND KELLY KOVACIC

1180 E BUFFALO ST

GILBERT, AZ 85295

FORECLOSE ADDRESS: 830 E DESERT INN DR. CHANDLER, AZ 85249

PHONE: 480-250-8118 3b32fe9

to tincincy #785787

My husband and I are currently in foreclosure with flagstar mortgage. Our story is Exactly the same as the story posted by Scott from Green Bay.

We applied for loss mitigation in July of 2013.

Submitted all of the documents. Flagstar never looked at our case and it was never assigned to anyone. After SEVERAL calls and voice mails left, we finally spoke to someone who told us that our documents had expired. We resubmitted documents.

Never got an answer.

Sent to foreclosure.

Still trying with no luck!

JPRV Wisconsin Resident

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States #669921

We had got a "in house modification" made our payments. When we got our tax information in 2012 it showed only 700.00 in interest paid for a whole year of $1593.00 a month payments.

I called Flagstar questioned them on it and the next thing I know they stopped applying our payments and didn’t pick up the Western unions I sent ( I sent western union so I have the record it was sent)when I called them they would act like they had a bad connection and would hang up. Then I get a letter from their hatchet man saying they are foreclosing on our house because of no payment, we have been here for 19 yrs. We filed Bankruptcy 13 to stop Flagstar, and we don’t have other bills to file on. The time we are getting everything setup on our "back payments" that they didn’t pickup.

They are doing the same thing again. They kept returning our payments while we are in Bankruptcy chapter 13. Now we are back in court they are asking for a stay of relief and trying to go around the courts. The government sued Flagstar Bank for frauding them on PMI last year.

Flag star is still foreclosing on houses, so they can collect the PMI Insurance. Now they have to come up with extra revenue to pay the goverment back. When the goverment sued Flagstar why didn't the goverment offer the people help that Flagstar put on their target to get this money from. This Bank needs to be stopped and the attorneys they work with are loving it because they charge you for the work they do for the bank.

We had refinanced with... them thinking lower interest rate.

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States #666297

We had got a "in house modifiction" made our payments. When we got our tax information in 2012 it showed only 700.00 in interest paid for a whole year of $1593.00 a month payments.

I called Flagstar questioned them on it and the next thing I know they stopped applying our payments and didnt pick up the westeren unions I sent ( I sent western union so I have the record it was sent)when I called them they would act like they had a bad connection and would hang up. Then I get a letter from their hatchet man saying they are foreclosing on our house because of no payment, we have been here for 19 yrs. We filed Bankruptcy 13 to stop Flagstar, and we dont have other bills to file on. The time we are getting everything setup on our "backpayments" that they didnt pickup.

They are doing the samething again. They kept returning our payments while we are in Bankruptcy chapter 13.Now we are back in court they are asking for a stay of relief and trying to go around the courts. The goverment sued Flagstar Bank for frauding them on PMI last year. Flag star is still foreclosing on houses, so they can collect the PMI Insurance.

We had refinanced with them thinking lower interst rate. This is no joke DO NOT work with this bank you will be another person they have wronged.

#662046

My house burned down in Sept. I have been working with loss mitigation and Insurance claims departments simultaneously, I began requesting modification in October, and while I was initially denied modification because of the "condition of the home", I was automatically thrown into foreclosure at that time, I disputed it,and learned that the condition of the house was not a reason to deny the modification, and got to start the process over and over and over at again...

Meanwhile the house remains in foreclosure, and would not be removed until at some own time into infinity, loss modification may or may not ever be approved. At this point, I don't even know where the road will lead me, and while I finally got my final payment from the insurance claim and the house is "complete" (with lots of questions and concerns, BIG waste of 98k) I am at a point that I still don't know what my options were, are, or if they are/were even "real". Moreover, I don't want to sign up to anything further with the bank.. At a total loss of which direction to take at this point.

To add insult to injury, the property manager who rented the property wants to put a lien on the house for money she didn't receive from tenants whom the agency selected, when they burned down the house and split. The contractor cut every corner he could, wants to pocket the extra and is threatening to put a lien on the house if he doesn't get 98k for his short cut job.

The insurance agent meanwhile is friends with the contractor, and pushed the re-build on us with promises that the house could be complete in two months, and it is now 9 months later. This is the worst experience I have ever had..

Flagstarvictim2013
Albany, New York, United States #612928

A similar situation occurred when I tried to work with the Insurance claim division. They sent me endless repeated paperwork for more than a year now and the prices for equipment and labor has gone up.

No contractor will fix my storm damage for the original quote. They fired the woman that originally contacted me about the claim, Gary Hauff was assigned kept sending me letters telling me he could not contact me each time we spoke on the phone.

Nice trick right... I am for a class action suit.

I have never seen such a runaround as I have with a loan modification. The minute the legal rep from Flagstar says they are considering modifying the loan and put you on a test program with the new rate and drop the forclosure - you get a new forclosure letter with $18,000.

in back payments and crazy late fees. Funny the balance at the end of last year on my tax notice and they balance they have are 2 different amounts. Off by about $10,000. Who holds these banks accountable for their actions.

Espetially when these plans are in place to assist those in need.

It seems more like a money maker for the banks. How do we hold their feet to the fire????

I started with flagstar in feb 2009 a loan modification. I have never had an answer from them.

Just repeatedly being asked for same documents over and over again. I would fax everything and call every week, finally hired an attorney and they are not having any luck either. I don't want to loose my house.

What are our options? Has anyone had success?

I also have been dealing with Flagstar since last August. My husband lost a portion of his income due to garnishment and we were in a house needing major repairs.

We worked with an attorney who sent the necessary paperwork in after we were served with foreclosure. After three months Flagstar decided to lower the payment for a few months and yet we still received mail demanding past payments to make the mortgage current. The customer rep at Flagstar said to ignore the letters sent certified mail. One day I noticed a car taking pictures of our house.

I called Flagstar and still they said to not worry we are in the modification process.

Needless to say we have no idea what is going on right now. We are talking to the attorney again after paying close to 4,000.00 to lower our payment.

E Johnson

I am now working NACA....check it out.....do you have a pnone numer so I can reach you???? Mine is 1-716-715-4274 please call me.....there is an office in San Antonio...7330 San Pedro Ave. Suite 108

zip...78216

phone...210-826-2828

I am another being scewed by Flagstar....

to Christopher Hart #772507

We are all being screwed by Flagstar, mine is wronged by Flagstar. The problem doesnt stop when you are approved for a modification its another *** that starts after that.

We are waiting for a sell date and we made our payments they kept rejecting them. We to kept sending them odd amounts of money, its like they get off on hearing the panic and desperation in peoples voices when you are pleading for your home. I dont see the goverment looking at this website seeing where they can help anyone of us. So, the way I see this we have all been put on the sinking boat called Flagstar Bank.

We can thank Obama on his so called help for the American people and the Local goverments for turning their heads on this, because the head of banking in each state knows whats going on. I beleive in Carma and one day it will be one of them.

#521985

I have a question about Flagstar Bank Modification. I was denied

a modification because my spouse was not on the original loan. We

separated and I applied for a modification. Flagstar said that Fannie

Mae denied it. I think this is ridiculous, but is that a sufficient

enough reason to deny a modification, when clearely on the documents

it states that separation or divorce qualifies for modification. I

feel shafted.

#520610

I am going through *** with Flagstar! I lost my job last year in a mass layoff.

I kept up my payments until November 2011. I fell behind. I contacted them and started the Modification in December 2011. I faxed in all required documents plus some that were not even required.

They sent me a letter stating they were missing some, so I re-faxed them. I called every week to check on the status and to make sure each month they got my bank statement. I received a letter this past March stating again they were missing the tenants lease. I called and spoke with a very nice person.....this time!!!

She took the time, about a half hour, to go through the whole file and said that everything was there....even double and triple docs. that they said they were missing that I had to send in again. So on to April, 2012....I get a letter stating that because I failed to supply proper documents that we asked for, My case was closed. So I called again....another very nice person again took the time to go through the time to go through file....again, and stated that everything was there.

Now up to yesterday, July 28, 2012. Called to ensure my bank statement was there as usual. I was "greeted" by a very nasty woman on the phone stating that my case was dismissed in April and Foreclosure has started. I said to her, why didn't someone contact me to fix this mess....well sir, it's not our responsibility to contact you, you need to call us!

You will have to start the process all over again. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and she said no because they will tell you the same thing I just did. She hung up on me!. I called back an hour later, spoke with yet another Nice person, she did see that I just had called.

I explained to her what was going on, she pulled my file and everything needed was there.....said she would talk to her supervisor, took my number and said someone will call you. Last evening, I was served with Foreclosure papers from Flagstar!

I am a mess today......don't know what to do!!!

Sorry to ramble on.....ty for listening....Christopher Hart....Buffalo, NY

My email is duzkiss@gmail.com

My name is Mark. I have been fighting Flagstar for over 2 years now.

I recently was forced into foreclosure by the bank. I was put into a temporary HAMP program and was denied a permeant solution. During this time period Flagstar added late fees to the mortgage knowing that while a customer is under HAMP, the bank is not allowed to add late fees. I then started Florida's Hardest Hits which ended in April 2012.

During the 6 months of that program, Flagstar added all sorts of late fees. In April, I asked for a payoff amount because Florida's Hardest Hits was going to cover up to 6,000 of the costs and the rest I would be responsible for. The bank refused to take my balance and F.H.H. is still waiting to fund them.

I was told in April I was not in the foreclosure process and that I would meet with a mediator, a lawyer and a Flagstar Rep on a conference call. At this meeting I was denied a modification and the bank refused to take partial payment while tacking the arrears to the end of the mortgage or adding it to future payments. I was then told to contact the lawyer by email and he would get me a payoff amount. I contacted him and he stated he would have it soon.

Less than a week later I was served Foreclosure paperwork. Finally, after I received my Foreclosure Papers I received a payoff quote with all sorts of fees that should not be such as the mediation fee which is waived because of the FHH program, late fees for every month in HAMP and FHH Program, Legal fees, so on. The amount ballooned to 13,000 plus from a balance of 8,000. Flagstar has asked me to be lated 3 times within the two years so these programs will accept me under the guidelines of the programs.

Flagstar claims the reason I was denied was because of my credit report yet they are the reason for the negative outcome. I called FHA and they told me that the guidelines never stated a home owner must be late to get HAMP or FHH. Recently, Flagstar was sued. This suit took place in February of 2012 and they settled.

Flasgtar was found guilty of not training new employees on the HAMP process and for inaccurately accepting and denying individuals for HAMP.

This information is on the FHA website. Besides the improper paperwork, rudeness, unfair treatment, harassment, lies, credit report pullings, misguiding clients to be late and not training representatives....I believe a class action suit is possible.

Flagstar is horrific. Call them every day and do not stop.

Still fighting with them 14 months. Finally got approved but now they screwed up my payments and escrow still fighting. They are horrible and willfully try to not help or process your loan or even correct mathematical clerical mistakes. No one takes any responsibility.

Document everything and file compliants to the Federal Senate Banking Committee. Also file a complaint to Fannie Mae.

God help everyone and lets put this bank out of business. These CEOs belong in jail.

I began the remod September last year. I read a lot of forums including this one and thought for sure that the whole thing was a joke... Well, after a full year and 2 months we actually got approved and modified. My payment went down $204 and my new interest rate is 2%. No joke. Here is the process:

First payment went delinquent in Sept 2010.

Flagstar sent papers about the Making Homes Affordable Act later that month which we returned.

They started calling daily in October after that payment was missed.

They sent the same papers again in December, which we returned again.

In January we received them AGAIN. We called them and asked why were we getting the same forms again after they've already been completed and submitted. We were told that we were suppose to be updating the income and bank statements every 30 days. How were we suppose to know this?! The reps response, you should have called...

So we officially started the Loss Mitigation process in January. We faxed in bank statements and hardship letter religiously every 30 days. We called 48 hours after sending the fax to verify they were received. One occasion they weren't, so you MUST call them and stay on top of it.

In March there was a knock at our door and it was a process server delivering foreclosure papers. WTF?! We called flagstar who told us we had to contact the attorney on the papers and we did. She said she was the liason between us and flagstar since the load had reached qualifications for foreclosure. Little did we know at the time, but this was the key to getting the ball moving.

She sent us some paperwork showing our options...

1) Pay the balance due plus fees to bring the loan current. We did not have $10k laying around. I was still unemployed.

2) Agree to a short sale... Not happening, we just had a baby back in November.

3) Fill out the same Making Homes Affordable forms and apply for a deferment/forebearance with flag star.

Option 3 it was.

We sent the forms and necessary paperwork back to the attorney. Flagstar qualified us for a No-pay forebearance until July. Which meant we did not have to resume our normal monthly mortgage payment and essentially bought me time to find a job. During this time we had to keep sending in the income verification and bank statements and called every two weeks to check on the status of the remod. At the end of July the No-pay foreberance remained in effect and foreclosure proceedings were still halted.

I became employed in April and began to send in my pay stubs. The agent I spoke with on one of many calls told me our chances at an approved remod were greater now that I was employed. The second key to getting these things approved.

So from April until Today we called, faxed, called, etc... and we were actually approved. It's a lengthy, frustrating process but it is worth it. Final results- $204 taken off the mortgage for good, all the entire late balance of $13,000+ and fee's were forgiven, and no interest rate of 2% for the life of the loan.

Stick with it folks, it does work.

If any of you are interested in more information regarding a loan modification, I am a Certified Distressed Property Expert. I do specialize in short sales, however, I have helped guide homeowners who want to stay in their homes on how to pursue a loan modification.

Please send me an email (sherriflrealestate@gmail.com) or look at my website (www.TreasureCoastHomeownerHelp.com). I would be happy to talk to you and see where you are in the process and offer any help I can. All the best!

Remember to hang in there. The point is for you to give and THAT IS NOT AN OPTION!!!

Same way I was done, currenly in court with them now been over a year since my foreclosure. Sorry about what has happen if you contact an attorney or NACA this should help.

#362032

I too have been dealing with Flagstar for the past year and a half. When we started falling behind we contacted a loss mitigation firm who took 7 monthes to get us into a forebearence program.

We were told that after 3 months our case would be reviewed for modification. Three months came and went with payments made on time every month. I contacted Flagstar and started dealing with them directly and they stated that because I had fallen behind my case would be put "closer to the top of the stack" to be reviewed. This was back in may.

Since then I have sent documents as requested every month and they closed my case at one point for a missing date on a doc. Without calling me. This put our home into forclosure last month and it is now up for sheriff auction to be held next month. I am so fusterated.

We continue to send in paperwork but nothing is happening. Well nothing in our favor.

Flagstar will take our home away and we will be on the streets. I guess this is what we get for trying to do the best we can in life.