Valparaiso, Indiana

Once again Flagstar Bank has screwed me out of more money. The head loan officer Doug told me he would make an exception with my construction loan if I retracted my complaint on here.

I did and two weeks later and they still didn't close on my loan. Plus they had me order a rent schedule that cost me 85.00. They also wanted me to purchase liabilty insurance before I even closed on the loan. Which would of cost me 1200.00 dollars which is non-refundable.

So now I'm down 8085.00, Their new conditions are, You need about 12000.00 dollars more than what we told you. I think everyone should file a complaint with the better business bureau. This company needs to be investigated. They are using predatory lending practices.

Please, please file a complaint with the BBB. Phil Z

Comments

Contact the CFPB Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - they handle complaint like this.

Try the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. They deal with fraudulent and bad faith business practices. Worked for us, in just 10 days.

London, England, United Kingdom #42972

I'm sorry - maybe you're situation wasn't handled correctly as I don't know all the details so I can't comment much on that - but did you really attempt to negotiate terms of a contract using an internet post as leverage? Seriously? I wonder why this hasn't gone well...