Columbus, Indiana

I received an overdraft notice from Flagstar Bank stating that my checking account was overdrawn by 10 dollars and I needed to make payment in 3 to 5 days. The checking account was set up as a bank requirement to open a CD with them...BIG MISTAKE!

The bank has been quietly taking out 10 dollars from the checking account every 6 months for what they call an "inactivity" fee, without my knowledge. No statements of any kind. The statement I receive is the one demanding more money after they have already cleaned out the existing account.

Very dirty and infuriating!

Product or Service Mentioned: Flagstar Bank Checking Account.

Comments

Are you alright or just plain ***, I do not like "flagSHAFT bank period" but you and the other *** are just plain *** is anyone up stairs, or you just don't know how to add or subtract, you just can not make out a check with no money in account and expect not to get charged fee's, an *** would know this, in other words you make an *** look smart and that is a first.

How about instead of using a bank to try to get a good rate, you actually use your checking account. Banks don't make money off of CD's, they make money off of checking accounts, and if your not using it at all, the only way for them to make anything is to charge you with an inactivity fee. Deposit 5 dollars a month if you want to avoid the fee and use the banks.

Pay your bills on time and they wont take your money!

AND WAS DONE TODAY ALSO!

:( THEY DID A SIMILAR THING TO ME I HAVE 3 NSF FEES FOR SOME BS EXPLANATION THAT THEY GAVE ME!!