Denver, Colorado

For almost two years my husband and I were applying for a loan modification on our house of 20 years. We were told we complied with the loan modification.

Every month for almost two year we faxed all info required on a monthly basis. Lost and mitigation department said we complied with requirements. Until June 2010 we were informed the house of 18 years we lived in, had been sold to *** Mae and we had 3 weeks to move. At that same time we were informed my husband had terminal cancer.

I requested to allow more time to move out, as he went into hospital and then hospice. In the time being I was trying to sell all our belongings and find a place to live for my self. Move out time was scheduled for July 30th. Husband went to hospital, ten days later to hospice and past on July 20th 2010.

I left the house on July 28th. Turned in house on July 30th as agreed. Fulfilled all requirements in order to get $1,000.00 as reward for leaving the house clean and in good conditions! After that was done I still got letters from bank requesting information.

To my forwarding address. Bad communication between departments within bank; Lost and Mitigation and mortgage department they still harassed with payments. I went Bankrupt by Dec. of that year(2010) and still received harassing letters afterwards.

I was not allowed to grieve for my lost as I had to take care of business with this fraudulent bank and operations. Bankruptcy was my salvation as my husband left me with nothing! Only debts!and the Bank got what they wanted not even considering we were willing to modified, I even told them if we could make 2 payments in a month to keep the house up to date!

I was told no! You pay all at once!

Product or Service Mentioned: Flagstar Bank Mortgage.

Comments

FightFlag
Fremont, California, United States #1143348

So sorry to hear this.

Please email me at fightflag.mary@gmail.com or call 650.283.3093 to inquire about joining a current class action lawsuit against Flagstar.

We will pay all of the costs and fight for you. More people need to stand up to Flagstar!

-Mary

Walnut Creek, California, United States #645371

How long was it until your house was put up for auction? Did your house resell?

If yes, did it sell for less then you owed? And if so did the bank sue you for the difference, or send you a 1099?