Salem, New Jersey

I have been trying to get a deed in lieu of foreclosure for months. I was laid off about 6 years ago because of a plant closing so took an early retirement.

Because of our reduced income on Social Security I exhausted my life savings keeping ,y mortgage current. Now savings is gone and went through the whole process of loan modification because I was told I had to do that first. Received a letter sating they received my loan modification package but then the run around began. Started getting letters that I sent incomplete package, would go over list on phone fax the required information and then receive another letter stating the file was still incomplete, they kept asking for updated bank statements which I kept sending.

Have never spoken with my assigned contact person who is Maria, whom I don't think really exists. Then I was told they had the package and it was referred to underwriting, but never heard anything back I kept calling but never received an answer. I inquired about cash for keys, and got another runaround, and now 6 months later am no further ahead. I live in NJ which requires court action before foreclosure but never heard anything from anyone.

I keep telling them I want to turn the home over to them and get some assistance to help me move. When we sent the original hardship letter I explained I had a heart attack and wife is also ill and need help with move and money for first and last months rent, but no response. I am about ready to walk out. I am thinking about just calling them telling them all utilities have been turned off and keys are under the door mat.

But not sure I can even do that.

Who is liable for the home if we leave it?

If anyone is starting a class action suit against this bank I would be interested in joining it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Flagstar Bank Loan Modification.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

FightFlag
Fremont, California, United States #1143312

What happened to you is very unfortunate.

If you'd like to join a class action lawsuit against Flagstar, please call me at 650.283.3093 or email at fightflag.mary@gmail.com. You don't have to pay a dime, and we will do the fighting for you.

A great law team is already building a case, we just need a few more people to join.

Thanks,