Additional Fees
Interest Rate

My experience with Flagstar has been like everyone else on this review site, the worst experience i have ever dealt with on a business level.After financial hardship my husband and I did a loan modification.

It appeared to be sketchy when we finally got it approved (approximately 4 months later) but at that point we were in a position where our payments were behind (because you cant be approved if your payments are current). Not accepting the modification would have put us into the beginning of foreclosure, so we accepted. Fast forward almost 2 years, we unfortunately got divorced. Time to sell the home and move on.

Cone to fond out after the modofication and "fees" to do the modification, we actually owed more than we did when we originally did the modification and our home was not worth what we owed. So, we attempted a short sale. Got a full price offer from really strong buyers. Because I am a real estate agent I was able to reduce the commission and they would therefore be receiving more funds than they would have.

Flagstar began the run around with the short sale application, a list of items needed was submitted only to be told they needed more items or needed documents that were already submitted. This process went on for over 3 months and did not ever even get to a point where flagstar could tell us whether or not they would accept the offer. The buyer walked after 4 months of waiting to see if they would even approve the offer. At this point our loan is severely delinquent with no hope of bringing it current.

We decided to attempt a deed in lieu of foreclosure (we just want to give it back and move forward) Iwas toldthe application to do this was the same only to find out, after we finally got a complete packet, it was the wrong application and they reviewed the loan for financial hardship! I cojld go on and on about the awful customer service and the absoluterun around they give their clients. I was told I had to go through them to do the deed in lieu and not my attorney but I am at a total loss as to what to do next. I feel like I am turning in circles.

This process has been going on and on for almost 2 years and we are no closer to resolution today than we were when it began. Any advice would help drastically!

I have hired an attorney but he is getting the same run around with their attorney.No one communicates at Flagstar and they cannot tell you what to do or wjere to start.

Preferred solution: Tips on how to proceed. .

Had an Experience with Flagstar Bank?

Comments