I have been trying to work with Flagstar Bank on a home loan modification since 10/12 (it's now 7/13), due to being put on permanent disability in December 2012. I have an excellent credit rating and have no other debt, so I attempted to be proactive in this situation in order to protect my credit score from my new inability to pay the current mortgage. Though I have a small savings account, it is set aside for my medical bills, etc., and cannot be depleted to pay my mortgage. I have called Flagstar Bank at least 500 times since October 2012, likely far more, but they (as in not any of the MANY people I've called) haven't answered the phone a SINGLE time. Not once. I have left voicemails daily with the floor manager, my "single point of contact", and the overall manager, who have called me back just four times (not each but total)and not even close to the time period requested, due to my illness. Therefore, I was unable to take their few calls, and each time I attempted to call them back, oftentimes just seconds later, they failed to answer.

After working incredibly hard for many, many months, being denied, reapplying and updating all documents for months and months, I was finally offered a trial loan modification plan, at HUD's recommendation to them, in April 2013, which I completed successfully and EXACTLY as directed, down to sending the payments by the first of the month though I don't even get paid until the first of the month and only once a month, and in cashier's check form as opposed to my usual electronic transfer. Prior to completion and at the direction of the contract, I called in the final month to discuss a permanent modification. Though they refused to answer their phones or return my calls, my Flagstar single contact FINALLY called to falsely claim that I now have a lien on my home, which they just discovered as they were "putting together my modification package", that it was posted in March 2013, prior to being offered the trial mod, which makes no sense, because it would have discovered then, and I wouldn't have been offered the trial modification plan, and that the lien was from the state of California taxes. I told my contact with Flagstar that it was a complete error, that I have no liens on my home, not now or ever, have never received any notices of monies due, in fact I've always received a refund each year, and that liens are not applied to homes suddenly: there are many notices sent out that must go unanswered, and I had gotten none. Furthermore, I explained that if this alleged lien was posted prior to my trial modification, then it wouldn't have been offered to me and would have shown up at that time. I BEGGED Dineem, my contact, to just have them retype my name and/or social security number, stating that it was an error, to which he haughtily and laughingly replied, "Ha ha, that's not how it works, ma'am. "You'll need to go to the tax people," [insert: yes, he said "people," as he didn't even know who controls a state's taxes] "and have them complete paperwork, which must then be notarized." I began crying, as I'm very ill, and I can rarely even get out of bed. To go to the bank each month to get the cashier's checks was incredibly hard as it was, but to do all of these additional things for a simple typo, when they could just retype the information, and it would come back clear, was ridiculous! Still, he laughed and refused, so I said just send the paperwork and hung up. I received it days later with no letter of explanation, I had no idea how to complete the paperwork or even if anyone else aside from the notary needs to complete the documents and, of course, when I called 100+ times and left voicemails with all of the above people, nobody returned my call. So I completed it myself, having no idea what it means or what it's for, and I'm usually pretty good with legalese, as I dealt with it quite a bit in my job as a school psychologist, and will now very hesitantly mail back the documents to them with a cover letter explaining the lack of directions, my understanding of what the paperwork means, and that my signature on each page is agreement to the terms of my understanding, even if it is in contrast to what it really means, since nobody would return my call to clarify it for me. I have no idea if this will hold up in a court of law, as ignorance of the law is no defense, but I'll try, as I'm afraid it says something like I'm giving them title to my home.

The random UPS where I went to get my notary done said I was the second customer he had dealt with that very day with a document for Flagstar Bank and an issue with them, where we claimed to be getting screwed over, never being able to speak with anyone, etc. He said this man was looking for a class action lawsuit as well. There are many lawsuits against them, but it looks like they have been settled to date. I live in California and am very interested in joining a class action lawsuit against Flagstar Bank for their fraudulent business practices, specifically regarding home loan modifications. I'm SURE that their claim of a lien against my home (which I called to verify was erroneous with the Franchise Tax Board in California, who confirmed it was, and they also said that any such claim must be supported by a certificate of lien number by the claimant so that it can be looked up and settled by the customer, which Flagstar Bank did not provide, and when I requested such on their voicemail, they failed to return my calls, per usual)was not even just an error, but it was knowingly inaccurate for some purpose that benefits Flagstar financially. You'd think that with all of the lawsuits being won against them, they'd stop their fraudulent practices, but it seems to haven't made a difference at all in how they do business. So who's with me? Who has any information on starting a new class action lawsuit against Flagstar, or even one that may have already been started? We can and should do this. Flagstar Bank is as unscrupulous as a business can be, takes full advantage of the vulnerable and unfortunate, and seems to only hire sociopaths, i.e., those lacking a conscious or empathy, to deal with their customers, since with my illness, tears, etc. that I have used, not purposely in a manipulative way, has done NOTHING to sway any one of them. I despise them, and they must receive consequences for their actions. Lastly, they do all of these things AFTER receiving federal bailout money! Our tax dollars have allowed them to screw us again, while they lavish in money! Our money!

Product or Service Mentioned: Flagstar Bank Loan Modification.

Comments

Fremont, California, United States #1143325

If you'd like to join a class action lawsuit against Flagstar, email me at fightflag.mary@gmail.com or call 650.283.3093 to learn more.

We will pay all of the costs and fight for you. More people need to stand up to Flagstar!

Mary

Did you get a lawsuit? I'm having the same problem with them

to Anonymous Fremont, California, United States #1143327

Email me at fightflag.mary@gmail.com or call 650.283.3093 to inquire about joining a current class action lawsuit against Flagstar.

Mary

Lost my home and moved Jan. 2013 to Florida...My fico score before my foreclosure was 811, self employed since 1993, served my country USMC...Was lied to and jerked for 2 yrs before being brought to court like a criminal and was warned by the Judge to vacate my home that I had customed built and purchased 4 1/2 acres which they took...Lost faith in America as our govn.

bailed out the banks with our hard earned taxes..

J. Dean Santini 714-726-1623

to Anonymous Fremont, California, United States #1143328

First of all, thank you for your service.

If you are interested in joining a class action lawsuit against Flagstar, email me at fightflag.mary@gmail.com or call 650.283.3093 to get justice.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1047483

I am another person "screwed over" by Flagstar mortgage....I will seek class action lawsuit....

to Anonymous Fremont, California, United States #1143329

You will not have to pay a dime and we will fight for you.

Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States #992110

My name is Janet. I'm having problems with Flagstar too regarding my home.

If there is a class action lawsuit I want to be a part of it. I will tell all the details over phone.

505-400-6167. I'm in New Mexico.

to Anonymous Fremont, California, United States #1143330

Janet,

Mary

We are also in a mortgage with Flagstar and have had nothing but problems. Currently we have money in escrow, but our insurance and taxes have not been paid.

We can't get any answers from Flagstar and our homeowners just got cancelled. I have no idea where to turn from here.

to Anonymous Fremont, California, United States #1143331

Sioux City, Iowa, United States #913871

same thing happened to me and i lost my home, so if you know how we can make these guys pay for being thieves please let me know.

to jack Fremont, California, United States #1143332

Jack,

You do not have to pay a dime and we will fight for you. Voices like yours should be heard.

Dothan, Alabama, United States #868368

My wife and I purchased our home here in south Alabama in Jan. 2008, while i was overseas in Iraq/Afghanistan.

I severed over there until February 2011. At which time I came back to the states to find work with in a 150 mile radius of my hometown. I could not. I let Flagstar Bank know 6 months in to my unemployment that I was unable to make any mor payments after February of 2012.

They told me they would set me up with their Loan Crisis dept., or something similar to help work out terms for a reduced payment, where I would pay just the interest, or do a short sale of the home. There was one other option they were offering me, but for the life of me I cannot recall what it was. My wife was working, making 55k+/year. I took out my 401K 3months after I returned home and that let me make house payments and kept us fed.

I made our 2k mortgage for an additional 8 months using all of my 401k. Come May of 2012 I had not made a payment on the house and was roughly 8k into debt with them. I was still unemployed. My family members scrounged up about 4k for us, but Flagstar lets us know they would take only the entire arrears than the partial 4k.

By now, I had called Flagstar in Atlanta, Ga.

some 50 times and was receiving threatening calls from them daily. I had hand written hardship letters to them 4 times, I had filled out short sale paperwork and snail mailed it back to them at least twice. Each time they told me that a rule had changed and I needed to start over the process. This went on until the 2nd week of August 2012.

I was informed that the house would be foreclosed on September 6th of 2012. That no matter what paperwork I filled out, there was no way to get anything approved of in that length of time. At this point they would not even let me clear our debt with a full payment, if I even had had it. September 6th at 8am all the locks were changed and we were told to vacate the premises.

We had to have a Bank representative there to ensure we did not take anything in the house that was part of the house.

I did find a job in October of 2012 making 10/hr, it didn't even afford me enough to make my 560/month truck payment. Flagstar assured me my credit rating would drop no more than 80 points, max. My score went from 724 to 530 in one month.

Everything that comes out of their mouth is a lie, everything they do is utter ***, they helped me not 1 time when prior to that I had paid them well over 100K in the 4 years we lived there.

I tried to find any job that would take me, up to and including working as a custodian at hotels or schools..anywhere. My resume reads more like a engineering degree as that is what I do. So no one would hire me as they knew unless they were paying me an Engineers salary they would be losing me once I found employment that would.

Here I am some 2 years later my credit score is still below 560, and I can’t even refinance my truck to a lower payment.

I just know my wife and I have been done wrong and to be honest we have been so busy these past couple of years trying to make ends meet that I had not put 1 & 2 together. Yes I chose to come home from a warzone where I spent 5 years there. I had money in 401K I had a nice home, my son was in college, my daughter would graduate in 2 years and head off to college. I wanted to be home as I had already missed 1 graduation.

I was not missing a 2nd. I tried so hard to find a job, evening petitioning online radio hosts to help me out. @paulfinebaum. Then Flagstar Bank ignores us completely to kick us out of our home.

We live in a rental now, that has no insulation the carpets look like someone has changed an engine on them. We have to lay area rugs over the entire house, just about. The floors at the top of the steps feel as if they are going to give out any minute an throw you down the stairs. We cant afford a storage unit so our entire two car garage is packed floor to ceiling with our life from the other larger home.

What I am looking for is a class action lawsuit that is ongoing against Flagstar Bank. I found many from other statues, but I am not well versed in laws when it comes to Class Action suits. I just think it should have gone not so horrific for us, just because I could not find a job and we were willing to pay something and extend the loan. It wasn't that I didn't want to pay, we couldn't!

Thanks for listening to my ramble, I apologize for taking up your time. I had intended to just agree with the previous posts.....I am so angry all over again! Anyone can contact me at mattandhope@gmail.com, if you have any advice or tips.

Thanks so much, again. Matthew

to Matthew Fremont, California, United States #1143333

Matthew,

Thank you for your service.

Please call me at 650.283.3093 or email at fightflag.mary@gmail.com to join a class action lawsuit against Flagstar.

We need a few more people to file a federal case, and I'd really like to help you out.

Thanks,

Mary

My phone number is 740-988-0070 we are having all the same problems you all are having. We can relate to most all complaints most all you have! We are dealing with all this presently,if interested in pursuing a "CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT "Please contact me, my name is Melissa

to Bludawn Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States #992113

Janet in New Mexico. 505-400-6167.

Call me if you have any info regarding class action lawsuit. I would love to be a part of it.

to Bludawn Fremont, California, United States #1143334

Melissa,

Please call me at 650.283.3093 or email fightflag.mary@gmail.com to join a class action lawsuit against Flagstar.

We are close to being able to file a federal case and get some justice for you guys.

Let your voice be heard.

-Mary

Belleville, Illinois, United States #824515

They filed a foreclosure suit against me in April of 2014 and then sold my loan ALL IN THE SAME MONTH. I'm VERY interested in suing.

to Carrington Fremont, California, United States #1143335