I filled a four page questionnaire to see if we could lower our current interest rate of 7.75%.I was contacted by a flagstar rep that said we were approved for a new 4.9% rate with no closing cost.

I would also like to mention that in the three years that we have owned our home we have NEVER missed a payment! We were thrilled to be saving the much needed income. However, just a week later we were informed with out explanation that flag star could not help us after all??? What could we do?

No one is offering loans right now, especially since I have gone back to school and we are a single income family of four.Thanks for nothing flag star.

Had an Experience with Flagstar Bank?

Comments

rms5934

Try the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. They deal with fraudulent and bad faith business practices. Worked for us, in just 10 days.

Sam To Gloria

Did you think you were going to get a square deal from "flagSHAFT bank" also known as flagstar bank, this i know because i have read from other blogs on this site, there are thousands and thousands of unhappy customers that get screwed from this class act of a so called bank! Note there are a couple of nuts that don't make sence, but the rest of the good customer's never get a Sqare deal. They still don't get it, how many new customer's they loose by word of mouth.

Gloria

We have been at Flagstar for over 2 years now and were also told we qualified for a lower interest rate and after waiting 6 weeks got the new everything was great and we set up the closing date within 3 days.

The day we were to close I received a call stating I would need to bring an additional $2000.00 dollars and that my payment had only decreased by $86.00 a month.

Nothing at were in the orginial paperwork signed and returned.They are out to get whatever they can - however they can.